The 2020 Production Sports endurance season resumes at Sydney Motorsport Park this weekend, with 18 cars set to line up for the second round of the CUE Endurance Super Series.
While the border closures have ruled out entries from typical attendees like the Victorian-based Melbourne Performance Centre Audis and Stillwell Mustang, along with Queenslander Jason Miller, the field is still rich in quality.
Andrew Macpherson will be one of the key contenders in the GT class and has engaged the services of his regular co-driver, Ben Porter, to share his beautiful and very rapid Lamborghini Hurracan.
Macpherson’s opposition in the GT class will come from Nick Kelly, who makes a welcome return after his big crash at Wakefield Park in July, and Vince Muriti, who will race his recently-purchased Mercedes AMG-GT3 for the first time.
Wall Racing will run a quartet of vehicles with Richard Gartner (Lamborghini Gallardo), Caspar Tresidder and Greg Ward (Porsches) joined on track by Drew Hall, also in a Porsche.
Other representatives of the Porsche brigade include the Fernandez Motorsport entries of Marcel Zalloua and Sergio Pires, the Corse Motorsport machines of Paul Bassett, Dylan de Szabo and Anthony Skinner and GWR Australia Carrera Cup car of Indiran Padayachee.
Iain Pretty and Scott Fleming will again team up in Pretty’s Ford GT40 replica, while the Class B battle between the Adrian Wilson/Andre Nader BMW M4 and Stephen Wan Lotus Exige is set to continue in earnest.
The race format will consist of three practice sessions on Friday, two qualifying sessions and two sprint races on Saturday and the one-hour endurance race on Sunday.
Cue Endurance Super Series Round 2 Entry List
8. Straight 8 Racing Iain Pretty/Scott Fleming Roaring Forties GT40
11. Bassett Espresso Paul Bassett Porsche 991 GT3
17. Fernandez Motorsport Marcel Zalloua Porsche GT3 Cup 991
20. Wall Racing Drew Hall Porsche GT3 Cup
23. WOTSO WorkSpace Caspar Tresidder Porsche GT3 Cup
33. Perfect Auto Body Vince Muriti Mercedes AMG-GT3
35. Hyundai Forklifts Aust/GWR Indiran Padayachee Porsche GT3 Cup
41. Suite Black Geoffrey Morgan Porsche 991 Gen2
46. Anthony Skinner Porsche 991 GT3
51. Imak Kwikmit Andrew Macpherson/Ben Porter Lamborhini Hurracan
52. D-Bit Dylan de Szabo Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
56. Fernandez Motorsport Sergio Pires Porsche GT3 CUP 991
68. Wall Racing Greg Ward Porsche 991 GT3 Cup
69. Safe T Stop Richard Gartner Lamborghini R-EX
73. BETA MARINE DIESELS Glenn Townsend Lotus Exige
82. BP Horsley Park / Ayre Real Estate Adrian Wilson/Andre Nader BMW M4
99. Industrie Clothing Nick Kelly Audi R8 LMS Ultra
456. Simply Sports Cars Stephen Wan Lotus Exige Cup R