A strong, 20-car field will line up on the grid for this weekend’s second round of the 2020 NSW Production Sports Car Championship, with a varied assortment of vehicles across all the classes.
Following his outright double win in the previous round at Wakefield Park, Andrew Macpherson returns in his Porsche 911 GT3-R; his opposition in the GT Class will come from Vince Muriti (Audi R8 LMS) and Richard Gartner (Lamborghini Gallardo).
The Wakefield Park round of the series saw a terrific Class A contest between the Porsches of Jason Miller, Marcel Zalloua and Sergio Pires. Unfortunately, the Queensland/NSW border closure has ruled Miller out of the race meeting, but the Fernandez Motorsport duo of Zalloua and Pires will find themselves facing opposition from other Porsche 911 pilots including Paul Bassett (who impressed during his debut race meeting back in March’s Cue Endurance Series round), Greg Ward, Caspar Tressider, Dylan De Szabo, veteran Geoff Morgan and Carrera Cup pilots Indiran and Duvashen Padayachee.
Another notable entry in Class A is the Roaring Forties Ford GT40 replica, to be shared by Iain Pretty and Scott Fleming.
Class B will be fought out between the BMW M4 of Andre Nader/Adrian Wilson and Lotus Exige Cup R of Steve Wan/Valery Muzman, while Aaron Gabriel returns in his Mazda RX7 after being ruled out with mechanical problems at Wakefield Park.
Also bouncing back from mechanical problems at Wakefield is Glenn Townsend, who will have a freshly-repaired gearbox in his Lotus Exige.
After appearing in the Cue Endurance round earlier in the year, Andres Lattore is back in his ex-Bathurst 12 Hour Fiat 500 Abarth, while the field is completed by David Johnson in a Class F Mazda MX5. Johnson’s car is one of the fastest vehicles is the Mazda MX5 Cup and is certainly capable of challenging some of the Class B cars.
As with Wakefield Park, the Prod Sports race meeting will consist of a single-day format, with a pair of 30-minute races to be held on Sunday.
3. Andres Lattore – Revere Fiat 500
7. Aaron Gabriel – Gabriel Motorsports Mazda RX7
8. Iain Pretty/Scott Fleming – STRAIGHT 8 RACING Roaring Forties GT40
11.Paul Bassett – Bassett Espresso Porsche GT3 911 Cup Car
12. David Withers – TRAVELPLAN SKI HOLIDAYS Porsche 911 GT3
17. Marcel Zalloua – Valmont Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
20. Greg Ward – Wall Racing Porsche GT3 Cup 991
23. Caspar Tresidder – WOTSO Workspace Porsche 991 GT3 Cup
33. Vince Muriti – 991 RACING P/L Audi R8 LMS
34. Duvashen Padayachee – Porsche Centre Sydney South Porsche 911 GT3
35. Indiran Padayachee/Andrew Miedecke RENTCORP FORKLIFTS Porsche 911 GT3
41. Geoff Morgan Suite Black Porsche 991 Cup Car
48. David Johnson Mazda Mx5
51. Andrew Macpherson AMAC MOTORSPORT Porsche 991 GT3 R
52. Dylan de Szabo D-BIT Porsche GT3 Cup
56. Sergio Pires Valmont Racing Porsche 911 GT3
69. Richard Gartner SafeTstop Lamborghini
73. Glenn Townsend BETA MARINE DIESELS Lotus Exige
82. Andre Nader/Adrian Wilson Ayre Real Estate/BP Horsley Park BMW M4
456. Stephen Wan/Valery Muzman Vaznos Lotus Exige V6 Cup R